Book your meeting
Fill in below form as complete as possible and one of executive will be in touch with you shortly
Work Permit Canada
A Canadian work visa or a work permit is issued to overseas, eligible people to work in Canada for a specific period.
Individuals need to apply for a work visa only after getting an employment contract or a job offer from a Canadian employer. The employer must acquire an LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment) from ESDC (or Employment and Social Development Canada) that offers them the allowance to recruit skilled foreign workers for occupations that can’t be filled in by citizens or permanent Canadian residents.
Being one of the world’s leading economies, Canada is an excellent destination for people looking to work abroad. The Canadian work permit visa enables students, temporary workers, permanent workers, and business people to become legally entitled to work in Canada. Usually, applicants need to be equipped with a job offer in hand to apply for the work permit visa. With our end-to-end overseas career solutions.
In most cases, applicants will first need a job offer before they can apply for a work permit in Canada. Typically, the initial step towards acquiring a Canadian work permit is to apply for an LMIA (or Labor Market Impact Assessment) from ESDC (or Employment and Social Development Canada).
Generally, you need to apply for a work permit from IRCC (or Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) or a Canadian visa office before coming to Canada. For these work permits, you need to get a job offer from an employer in Canada before you apply. So, in short, it’s easy to get a work permit in Canada if you’re eligible.
The Canadian work permit processing time entirely depends on completing your application, and the office you applied at. We’ve found that it can take around 1 to 27 weeks to process a Canadian work permit.
For a work permit, the maximum fee for performing artists and their staff is CAD 100. However, a work permit that includes extensions is priced at CAD 155.
You can still apply for a Canadian work permit if you don’t have a job offer, but you’ll have to be a part of the Express Entry System. However, to qualify for this, you must be a skilled tradesman or professional with some work experience. You’ll have to get yourself registered with Employment and Social Development Canada’s bank so you can be linked to a Canadian employer.
The Canadian work permit is perfect for foreign graduates from Canadian universities, temporary workers, entrepreneurs, and others to become legally entitled to work in Canada. However, to be eligible, they should adhere to the following requirements:
- Give proof to an officer that you’ll leave Canada once your work permit expires.
- Have documents showing that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family while you’re staying in Canada.
- Have no record of any criminal activity and, as a proof, submit a police clearance certificate.
- Are not a danger to Canada's security.
- Must have good health and be ready to appear for a medical exam if needed.
- Don’t intend to work for an employer that the government labels as ineligible because they failed to adhere to certain conditions.
- Don’t intend to work for an employer who provides striptease, escort services, erotic dance, erotic massages.
- Must be prepared to offer any documents demanded by officers to qualify your entry to Canada.
The following documents are required to obtain a Canadian work permit:
- A valid passport with a validity of over six months from the planned arrival date in Canada.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Educational qualification certificates.
- Proof of professional qualifications, with work experience being inclusive.
- Proof of having sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada.
- Medical examination needed to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee.
It’s also important for applicants to convince the immigration officials that they will return to their home country after their employment comes to an end.
- Total Family Members
- Funds Required (in CAD)
- For every additional family member
Yes, international visitors who are currently residing in Canada with a job offer can now apply for a work permit without leaving the country.
Get a valid job offer from an employer in Canada and are applying for a work permit. You may be eligible to have your dependent children and spouse accompany you to Canada.
If you have school-going children, they can attend Canada's educational institutions without requiring separate study permits. Your partner or spouse may also be eligible to apply for an open work permit, enabling them to for any employer in Canada.
I consulted LCC Immigration for a student VISA to Canada. I was receiving regular follow up calls in getting all the documents from my side and also they reviewed all my documents thoroughly. The entire process was very smooth and seamless for me. I’m glad that I opted for LCC Immigration and I will surely recommend it to anyone who has similar aspirationsKeerthi
I’m very impressed with the service provided from LCC Immigration . I really like their professional service, knowledge of visa application process and expertise in assisting with right documentation requirements.Raju